How Alia Bhatt stays in shape
by ELLE Team
While most women shy away from the weights section at the gym, your cardio isn't of much use without it. Cardio by itself might make you lose a heap of weight, but it will also leave you with loose muscle in all the wrong places. Tone your body and boost your metabolism with resistance training - celebrity fitness expert Yasmin Karachiwala lets us in on how Alia Bhatt does it. Let this be the motivation you need to get started, whether you want to work with external weights or lift your own.
Alia Bhatt's weight training routine:
15 reps per exercise per set. Repeat this 8-step regimen twice.
1. Lateral reaching lunges: Using a medicine ball, take a big step to your right with your right foot and take the ball to that foot while keeping your back straight. Bring your feet back together and do an overhead press using the ball. Repeat on the left side.
2. Squat and jump: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and both your arms stretched out in front of you. Start bending your knees and push your body downwards till your thighs are perpendicular to the floor. Jump back up as soon as you attain this position and repeat.
3. Cable fly with alternate step forward: Set a weight you're comfortable with and adjust your grip on the pulleys. Take a step forward with one leg every time you pull and go back. Alternate legs and repeat.
4. Squat and jump: Repeat move 2 again.
5. Hanging ab crunches: Grab a hanging bar with your palms facing forward and pull your legs up as close to your stomach as possible; bring them back down to complete one crunch.
6. Squat and jump: Repeat move 2 again.
7. Squat and lift on Bosu: Stand on a Bosu ball and perform a regular squat.
8. Squat and jump: Finish the routine with move 2 again.