14 signs you’ve found your work wife
They will always get you through the day
1. You both remember EXACTLY when you transitioned from friendly co-workers to work BFFs. One day, you were awkwardly saying hi to each other in the bathroom, the next day, you realized you have ~identical~ tastes in Netflix shows and thus, the seed was planted.
2. Eating lunch together is usually your favorite part of the day. The day you find a buddy to hang with every day instead of sad desk lunching on your own is the day your life has truly begun.
3. Grabbing coffees is a ritual you refuse to skip. You need your 4pm caffeine fix, and your work BFF to keep you company in the Starbucks line. As the day drags to a close, you 1000 percent have to have all of this.
4. You stick to each other like glue at happy hours. You know the whole point is to mingle and make new friends, but you already HAVE your friend, and want to catch up, so if anyone asks, you’ll both be huddled in a corner vaguely ignoring everyone else.
5. You know “let’s take this to text” means some serious goss will go down.There are just some bullshit work occurrences that can’t be said out loud but YOU NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT ASAP.
6. You exchange special, subtle looks that no one else picks up on. Being able to glance at your friend who Gets It when your other co-worker is passive-aggressively mean to you will carry you through the day.
7. You give each other advice on how to make your jobs better. You’ve brainstormed ways to address problems and always felt like you were in a safe space doing it.
8. The most stressful days are so much easier when they’re around. Other people may not realize you’ve had back-to-back meetings and haven’t eaten yet, but your work wife will snag you a sandwich in a heartbeat.
9. You’ve sent each other ridiculous things at the worst possible times. Of course they text you a meme that makes you choke on your own laughter right before your meeting with your boss.
10. You cheer each other up just by being around. Had a bad weekend that you need to stop thinking about? Seeing your work wife first thing on Monday and getting to talk about literally anything else will heal you.
11. You understand the eternal woe of not having any place to go to talk ~privately~. Of course, the one day your personal life is in shambles and you need a quick cry with your friend is when all the conference rooms are booked up.
12. Work without them is very noticeably less good. Even if you love your job, not having one of your favorite people around for a day is just worse, and you can’t wait for them to get back so your work day can feel complete again.
13. You’d have super mixed feelings if they left for a different job. Part of you would be super happy for them moving on up and getting a promotion/raise/work that fulfills them more, but also: WTF, NOOOO, WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO NOW???
14. You have graduated to hanging out outside of work, and it’s THE BEST. You live for weekend brunches where you can spend all the time you want together.