Anatomy of an IT girl
LADY OF LUXURY: Mary-Kate Olsen
Solely responsible for making the ‘homeless’ look cool, this Olsen twin takes the luxe route with baggy coats in rich fabrics, expensive bags and I’m-a-celebrity sunglasses (preferably all in black).
1. LUXE OVERSIZED COAT: Silk-satin and jacquard coat, Rs 3,17,100, The Row
2. CLASSIC AVIATORS: Metal aviators, Rs 7,900, Carrera
3. POINTY PUMPS: Satin and acrylic pumps, price on request, Dior
4. CROC BAG: Embossed leather bag, Rs 75,900, Alexander Wang at Le Mill
5. LARGE LATTE TO GO: No such thing as too much caffeine
THE FASHION ODDBALL: Leandra Medine
Medine makes her man-repelling fashion statements (obstructive jewellery, granny bloomers) all while being happily married - to a man.
1. BAGGY SHORTS: Chambray shorts, Rs 695, Koovs.com
2. CHUNKY CHOKER: Metal choker, price on request, Etro
3. CRAZY SHOES: Feather and leather sandals, price on request, Louis Vuitton
4. KOOKY CLUTCH: Embroidered canvas clutch, Rs 1,32,330, Olympia Le Tan at Net-a-porter.com
5. HAIRY ARMS: If that isn't man-repelling we don't know what is
THE NATTY NERD: Mindy Kaling
Being funny is her job, but fashion is what she yearns for. This comic genius does a twisted take on librarian-chic with novelty jumpers, floral skirts and a little rhinestone frosting.
1. QURIKY JUMPER: Woollen pullover, Rs 29,720, Markus Lupfer at Farfetch.com
2. DITSY-PRINTED SKIRT: Cotton skirt, Rs 1,195, Koovs.com
3. GIRLY BAG: Leather bag, price on request, Dior
4. SEXY SHOES: Patent leather pumps, price on request, Christian Louboutin
5. BLINGED-OUT iPHONE CASE: Because sparkly
THE TRACK STAR: Cara Delevingne
With her squirrel-y eyebrows and a knack for funny faces, this supermodel is adding a cool new layer to British eccentricity.
1. GHETTO SWEATSHIRT: Jersey sweatshirt with chain detail, Rs 3,520, Asos.com
2. TRACK PANTS: Leather track pants, Rs 20,900, MSGM at Farfetch.com
3. STATEMENT SNEAKERS: Leather and rubber winged sneakers, Rs 12,999, Jeremy Scott for Adidas Originals
4. BEANIE: Woollen beanie with net veil, Rs 6,900, Marc Cain
5. POP STAR BFF: Not your garden-variety bestie
THE QUIRKY PLAYER: Kalki Koechlin
Shrugging off the baggage that comes with being a Bollywood actor, this poster girl of Indian indie cinema wears her comfy vintage-tinged clothes with absolute ease.
1. RETRO BLOUSE: Georgette shirt, Rs 2,960, Marks & Spencer
2. STRUCTURED SKIRT: Linen skirt, Rs 6,500, Shift by Nimish Shah at Perniaspopupshop.com
3. SENSIBLE SATCHEL: Leather satchel, price on request, Louis Vuitton
4. MANNISH SHOES: Patent leather brogues, Rs 66,100, Lanvin at Net-a-porter.com
5. VINTAGE PRINTED EDITION OF A CLASSIC PLAY: For some light reading