6 skincare products that will reverse the effects of pollution on your face
Delhi, this one's for you
The sky isn’t the only thing that’s been looking dull lately. The unprecedented air pollution also takes its toll on your skin (apart from the obvious punishment it’s dishing out to your lungs). Explains why you’ve been piling on the concealer with more gusto than usual.
Resuscitating your skin should start with the basics:
- Cover your face and hair with a scarf when driving around to reduce exposure to pollutants.
- Use a deep-cleaning face wash daily and don’t forget to pencil in a weekly scrub.
- Treat your skin to a good quality moisturiser to balance out the dry weather.
Add to your daily routine with an intensive therapy session over the weekends, starting with these skincare saviours. Because you shouldn’t be looking for that ‘natural glow’ inside a makeup kit.
1. Chanel La Solution 10, Rs 6150
Shea butter and antioxidant-rich silver needle tea form the key active ingredients in this lightweight cream for sensitive skin. If you’re wondering about efficacy, know that this was put to the test in Beijing, the most polluted city in the world.
2. Clinique City Block Purifying Charcoal Cleansing Gel, Rs 2,000
Charcoal is the one active ingredient on everyone’s lips at the moment. Clinique’s cleansing gel promises to wash away layers of dirt and grime without stripping away your skin’s natural oils.
3. Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge with Bamboo Charcoal, Rs 1,000
Consider the konjac root scrub to be a mini-loofah for your face, with the added advantage of charcoal’s impurity-fighting properties. Disclaimer: This could get addictive.
4. Kiehl’s Cilantro and Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Masque, Rs 1,350
Packed with shea butter, apricot kernel oil, coriander seed oil and sugar cane extract, this masque leans heavily on nature’s best skincare warriors to defend you against pollution. Slather it on liberally while catching up on Netflix’s latest hits.
5. Lancôme Energie de Vie Liquid Care, Rs 5,000
Lancome uses goji berry, lemon balm, gentian, and Vitamin E in this lightweight moisturiser inspired by Korean skincare routines. It also doubles up as a great base for makeup, in case you can’t be separated from your bronzer.
6. Pahadi Local Lake Sediment Detox Salt
Finding its origin in high-altitude Himalayan lakes, this natural detox salt can be used as a face wash to draw out impurities or even used as a full body rubdown. If Mohammad can’t go to the mountain…