This is the correct way to condition your hair
Follow these steps if you want smooth, bouncy hair
Between building a business empire and keeping up with your hectic social life, it’s fairly obvious you don’t have the time for an indulgent beauty ritual, no matter how good a multi-tasker you are. To ensure your glorious mane doesn’t bear the brunt of this hectic urban life, it’s important to master the basic techniques to shampooing, conditioning and masking. Senior hairstylist at Lakme Absolute Salon, Minaxi Rathore, shows us how.
Hair Conditioning 101
“Shampoo opens up the hair cuticles, so it’s very important to follow up your cleansing routine with conditioner, which seals in the moisture,” explains Minaxi.
- Wash the shampoo off completely.
- Squeeze a coin-sized amount of conditioner into your hand before spreading it evenly across both palms.
- Use your fingers to evenly distribute the conditioner through the hair, making sure you gently massage the product into the hair shaft as you work your way from top to bottom.
- Avoid getting conditioner onto your scalp, concentrate instead on the ends.
- Finish by rinsing the hair with cold water to close the cuticle.
- Schedule time once every 15 days for a hair spa, especially if you have chemically treated hair. Lakme Absolute Salons offer a variety of treatments from the Kera Spa with a Keratin infusion which strengthens damaged tresses to the TressPlex Spa therapy which uses Olaplex bond multiplier to soothe chemically treated hair. We’re fans of the Kera Spa treatment, which worked as an instant pick-me-up for hair that’s spent too much time in the summer sun. The 45-minute treatment banished unruly kinks and tamed knots we had given up hope of ever subduing. That’s 45 minutes well spent.
Celebrity hair hacks
The country’s most photographed women seem to agree on this one easy look
Business in the front, party in the back. The beauty of this hairstyle lies in the fact that you don’t have to be Alia Bhatt to get away with flyaways and strays.
Hairstyle trends have never been more in love with natural kinks and curls. Bring out your clipboard and take notes from Anushka Sharma’s lazy half bun. Let your tresses air-dry after a shower and fix a hairband around the upper half before the flyaways get any ideas.
When the sun and the sand are calling, twist your hair into a lazy half-knot; the messier, the better. The half updo will keep the hair out of your eyes, while the half-down tresses will give you that sexy flutter you need for some Instagram bragging.
Second day hair, don’t care. Tame that slight greasiness of unwashed hair into a slick half ‘do. Mean cat-eye liner optional.
Or you could try a sophisticated version of this lazy girl hairstyle à la Shraddha: Run some serum through your hair while it’s wet and comb back the upper half into a preppy half ponytail.
For those days when you can’t even, but your bud Jimmy Fallon has plans for you, just bunch your hair into a voluminous bun on the top of your head. You’ll forget it’s even there, we promise.