Get the look: Manish Malhotra Couture Week 2016
Mickey Contractor takes you through every step
Couture week throws up an endless stream of ideas for the wedding season, and this look from Manish Malhotra’s show is totally worth saving for future references (five more looks you should try). Here’s everything Mickey Mickey Contractor, director of make-up artistry for M.A.C India used to create the look:
– Start by prepping your face with Fix+ hydrating mist. Next apply a non-greasy moisturiser like, Studio Moist Fix+.
– Sparingly use the Pro Conceal and Correct Palette under your eyes and on any blemishes.
– Give your face a natural matte finish with Select Sheer Pressed Powder.
– For contouring, Mickey actually used a pinkish-brown lipstick called Spirit.
– Cover your lids with the Pro Shine Mixing Medium – the coloureless wax works like a primer for eyeshadow.
– Line your upper and lower lips with the gel-based Fluidline in Blacktrack, gently pulling out the line on the outer corners. Then thicken the lower line with a dark eyeshadow (Mickey used a shade called Embark).
– Line your waterline with a back kohl pencil and use a volumising mascara to finish.
– For the lips, first line it with a pinkish lip pencil in Soar, then fill it in with a bright Cosmo lipstick.
Also read: Here’s how to get that natural glow