Glossier’s founder Emily Weiss’ beauty tips will change your life
Beauty editor, blogger, entrepreneur- is there anything Emily Weiss can't do?
From beauty editor to founder of game-changing beauty brand, Glossier, the most innovative boss in the business has the knowledge (and now, so do we!). We caught up with Emily Weiss’ beauty tips covering everything from skincare — including the best exfoliator in the business — to how to deal with bleach blonde hair and the Glossier products you need in your life.
My signature look is...
Moisturised, awake-looking skin. To feel more polished, I'll add a bit of depth to my eyes with an eyeshadow, and to my cheeks with a blush.
How to get the look...
1. Four times a week, I use the ZIIP Nano-Current Skincare Device, £425, which brings my face to life, followed by lots of moisturiser. Then I'll use Glossier Skin Perfecting Tint, £20, and a blurring powder, such as Glossier Wowder, £18.
2. I love Serge Luten's Beige Eye Palette, £118. I'll do something super simple with a brown shade from the palette, and add mascara to the outer-corner lashes.
3. The last step is my cheeks. I mix Glossier Cloud Paint blush in Beam and Dusk, £15 each, for a muted glow. Cleaned-up brows finish off the look — my brows are always fluffed up and held in place with Glossier Boy Brow, £14.
What's your signature scent?
Glossier You, £45 for 50ml. It's a mix of everything wonderful. It smells like you, but better. It becomes your personal scent; for me, it smells like clean musk.
What's your best beauty moment?
Having platinum hair. Be prepared for one year of pleasure and two years of pain, but for that one year, you'll feel on top of the world.
What beauty mistake should everyone avoid?
Applying foundation all over your face — you lose all your dimensions so you'll just have to rebuild it with contour. It should be used to correct dark spots and blemishes.
4 products you can't live without are:
1. This cleanser is very gentle and works hard
2. Just in case you run out of that Milk Jelly.
3. Doubles up as a primer and moisturiser.
4. This hairbrush is made for hair extensions, but is great on natural hair.
Who inspires you the most?
I'm constantly inspired by my team's ideas, especially my assistant, Morgan. She's so passionate about what we do, and so excited about Glossier.
What is the single best beauty tip you can give us?
The the best money you can spend on beauty is laser hair removal. As soon as you can afford it, do it!
What's your career-defining moment?
The launch of [e-commerce website] Glossier. Three years ago, eight of us gathered around a computer screen, seeing if anyone would care when we pressed 'go'.
1. I quite like my natural lip colour so I just use this to make my lips look a little more full.
2. This is a tubing mascara so it doesn't smudge.
3. It's quite elastic and dewy — most concealers break or crack or kind of settle in fine lines. Stretch Concealer just floats.
4. It breaks up your make-up in just the right way.
5. The best in business.
From: Elle UK