How to: Copy the smoky eye at Rajesh Pratap Singh
Bring out your smudging brushes
Plain, no-frills, yet high on drama, this all-black smoky eye paired with nude lips is our new minimal favourite. Mickey Contractor, Director of Makeup Artistry, M.A.C India decoded the look
1. Start with M.A.C Fix+, an aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, to prep the skin and add a glow. Finish prepping with a deep-hydrating moisturiser.
2. Correct your skin tone using a matching concealer.
3. No heavy foundation needed here, just healthy, glowing skin. Set your make-up with some sheer loose powder.
4. Blend M.A.C Mineralize Lipstick ‘Pure Pout’ on the cheeks for the slightest hint of colour.
5. Cover your eyelids with M.A.C Cream Color Base in ‘Tint’.
6. On the base, blend on M.A.C Eyeshadow in ‘Carbon’ and ‘Embark’ to create a deep, intense smoky eye. Use Fluidline Blacktrack Eye Liner Gel close to the lash line to add dimension.
7. If you prefer, you can use falsies added drama
8. Finish with a coat of 3D in Extra Dimension Mascara on the lashes for extra volume
9. Brush brows into place.
10. Apply a nude lipstick according to your skin tone to finish the look.