How to: Nail smouldering eyes like Rohit Bal
Smoky lids, sculpted cheeks and red roses make for perfect old-timey romance
Rohit Bal’s collection for Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014 was a trip back in time, with intricate embroidered pieces and rich colours and fabrics. The make-up, created by Sonic Sarwate, Global Senior Artist, M.A.C India, perfectly complemented the attire with deep brown smoky eyes, a hint of colour on the cheeks and lips and lush roses to add a punch of colour. Here’s how to get the look:
1. Start by applying the M.A.C Studio Moisture Cream, to hydrate and plump up your skin.
2. Prime your face with M.A.C Prep+Prime NaturalRadiance to help your foundation go on smoother and help control shine.
3. Next, blend a foundation matching your skin tone evenly all over your face.
4. Use a concealer under your eyes to mask pigmentation or dullness.
5. Apply M.A.C Gel Liner in ‘Deep Deep Brown’ as base, and over it, smudge on M.A.C Eye Shadow ‘Folie’ and ‘Carbon’ to give it intensity. Finish off with Black Brilliance Fluidline Pencil along the lash line.
6. Brush brows into place with a spooley and fill in any gaps with a brow pencil.
7. Apply the M.A.C Cream Colour Base ‘Hush’ on the cheeks and finish off with a dusting of bronzer along the cheekbones.
8. Line and fill the lips with M.A.C Lip Pencil in ‘Spice’. Top with a bit of balm for a dewy look.
You may want to read: How to Sabyasachi's berry-lipped bride