How to: Ombré lipped bride
Because one colour's just not enough
If you thought ombré lips were too complicated or too costume-y, here's the how to from Monisha Jaisingh's India Couture Week look, created by Sonic Sarwate, Senior Artist, M.A.C India, that shows that it's not only very easy to do, but also super wearable. Just follow the steps:
- Prep the skin with a mist of M.A.C Fix+ and then apply a moisturiser for hydrated and luminous skin.
- Use a concealer to correct any blemishes and then apply foundation evenly.
- Set it with M.A.C Select Sheer/Loose powder to let your skin's natural glow to shine through.
- Contour the face using a matte bronzing powder and highlight cheeks.
- Line your lips using a burgundy lip pencil; use M.A.C Lip Pencil in "Nightmoth" at the corners of the lips.
- Fill in with Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick and finish with a dab of fuchsia pigment at the centre.
- Use Bamboo Cream Color Base as the base on the eyelids for those with lighter skin tones and use Vintage Rose Cream Color Base for those with darker skin tones.
- Apply thin eyeliner just on the lashline.
- Coat only upper lashes with mascara.
- If you want, you can amp the drama using a set of faux lashes.
Click through the gallery above to see exclusive backstage images.