How to: Rina Dhaka’s sultry bride
Smokey eyes and bright lips? Yes!
You’ll hear all kinds of rules about make-up, and the one that is the most repeated probably is: never do bold lips and eyes at the same time. We’re showing you how not just to break the rule with Rina Dhaka’s look for India Couture Week, but to make it work for you with this step-by-step from Sonic Sarwate, senior artist, M.A.C India.
- Prep your skin with a good illuminating base like the M.A.C Strobe Cream. This will pump up the radiance of dull-looking or tired skin. Follow it up with Prep + Prime Natural Radiance.
- Use a creamy foundation for medium coverage; pick one with SPF 15 if you’re going to be out in the sun.
- Finish with loose powder to set the foundation.
- Use a bronzing powder just below the cheekbones to enhance and contour.
- Apply a light peach blush over your cheeks. ‘Poised’ from M.A.C is a great option.
- Apply a neutral eyeshadow as base, then apply a darker neutral, like ‘Haux’ from M.A.C, for definition.
- Smudge charcoal black kohl on the top and lower lash lines and set it with an eyeshadow of the same shade. For extra drama, add a pair of faux lashes.
- Use False Lash Mascara on top and lower lashes.
- Apply a thin layer of black liquid liner just on the lash line.
- Line your lips with M.A.C Lip Pencil ‘Burgundy’ and finish off with a layer of ‘Fashion Revival’.
Click through the gallery above to see exclusive backstage images.