How to style your swimsuit this season, according to Masaba Gupta
Ditch the sarong
When you head to the beach to cool off this summer, designer Masaba Gupta wants to make sure you bring your A-game. Her new resortwear collection, Where The Wild Things Go, is full of easy-to-wear, breezy silhouettes in a riot of colours and prints—from two-piece sets to knotted skirts paired with romantic blouses. “Global swimsuit trends are different from the trends in India. Here, we focus more on comfort, and go for pieces that are not too skimpy. But because Indians are taking a lot more holidays and pictures, they want conversation pieces,” she says.
The pieces in Where The Wild Things Go are versatile—they can easily carry you from a beach to dinner. Masaba adds, “For me, it’s important that these pieces can be considered classics… even 10 years down the line, the prints won’t be dated. The silhouettes are timeless. I believe you can be really high on design and cuts but women want something they can wear everyday.”
Masaba’s top tips for styling your swimsuit:
– Ditch the sarong. Instead, go for printed palazzo pants.
– You can also opt for a draped dhoti skirt.
– If you’re spending a lot of time at the beach, throw on a light, printed georgette chiffon cover-up.
– You can even pair it with a chikan kurta for a casual look.
– A one-shoulder maxi dress on top of your swimsuit is a great go-to look.
– If you don’t want to put on additional layers, lots of jewellery will do the trick.