9 new songs by Indian indie musicians that deserve a spot on your playlist
Recommendations better than Spotify
From Prateek Kuhad’s latest to upcoming band Corner Cafe Chronicle’s debut album, queue up some fantastic music by homegrown indie musicians:
1. Singer-songwriter Alisha Batth‘s new single about letting go and finding liberation and joy.
2. The video of Prateek Kuhad’s Kasoor is as beautiful as the song.
3. Nirali Kartik and Kartik Shah of Maati Baani create magic once again during lockdown. Sindoori features a sarod player and an Odissi dancer from Spain, a cellist from Germany.
4. Corner Cafe Chronicle’s debut album Rennaisance is a breath of fresh air for rock music fans.
5. Raja Kumari’s second single from her upcoming debut album, Mass Appeal India, is a mantra for positivity and optimism.
6. Kahaani 2020 by Sez On The Beat ft. Zaeden, Enkore, Yungsta, Lit Happu and Shayan, serving some more hope during this tough time.
7. Dance your quarantine blues away to Noor by Lost Stories feat. Akanksha Bhandari & Zaeden. They get brownie points for the super cute video.
8. SlowCheeta of Gully Boy fame is back with a new earworm.
9. Maybe I Can Fly from When Chai Met Toast’s upcoming album, When We Feel Young, will give you the feels.
Which indie musicians are you listening to right now? Let us know in the comments below!
Featured photographs: Courtesy Instagram