Prisma: 5 things to know about the app that can turn your photos into art
Your move, Instagram filters
1. The photo-editing app works on the basic premise of turning your mundane photos into impressive artwork. Don’t mistake it for your everyday filter based app though, because it runs on a combination of neural networks and artificial intelligence to apply its effects in the most optimal way after scanning the data.
How to use it: After installing Prisma from iTunes, the app works on an interface similar to Instagram: users are allowed to take pictures or select snaps from their gallery and then apply a bunch of filters which are styled after famous artists such as Marc Chagall or Edvard Munch. Finish off by sharing on Facebook or Instagram with the push of a button.
2. The app is currently available only on iOS, but an Android version is in the works, so hang in there.
3. The makers are looking at upgrading their current photo-only app to videos soon as well. Here’s a preview of what it’ll look like:
4. Designed by a Russian developer, the app has already struck gold and made it to the top 10 mobile apps list in Russia. Oh, and did we mention that it crossed 1 million downloads within the first two weeks of its launch?
5. The transforming powers of the app have already earned it a celeb clientele including supermodels Irina Shayk and Natalia Vodianova.