Exclusive: Priyanka Chopra’s sleek Oscars hairstyle decoded
The look that everyone is talking about, from LA to Mumbai
Acing a red carpet appearance has become almost child’s play for Priyanka Chopra. The fact was reiterated at the Oscars yesterday where she once again proved that nobody can do highly scrutinized fashion outings with the same nonchalance as her. While her Ralph & Russo gown ensured her place in our ‘best dressed list‘, her sleek, side-parted do made its way into the beauty trends we’re going to try ASAP.
In case you missed it, the 90s trend is making a major comeback, with celebrities like Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor and now Priyanka Chopra giving us reasons to try it too.
If you want to channel your inner Priyanka Chopra, here’s what you need to do.
How to get Priyanka Chopra’s hair look at the Oscars 2017
- Start out by prepping hair with a strengthening shampoo (Priyanka likes the Pantene total damage care shampoo) and a smoothing conditioner. This strengthens hair from the core, while taming frizz, controlling flyaways and leaving hair smooth from the start.
- While hair is damp, layer in a detangling serum to get rid of knots.
- Create a deep side part, apply mousse all over the hair – from roots to ends – to keep hair sleek and minimize flyaways. Then blow dry the hair.
- Once the hair is dry, use a flat iron to smooth and straighten strands by grabbing small sections of hair at a time.
- An anti-frizz serum will help you control humidity, fight frizz and keep your hair shiny and healthy.
- Lastly, lightly spritz hair with a hairspray to secure the look.