The big beauty round up
Beyonce's nails, Tom Ford’s lipsticks, Anja Rubik's scent and the Toledos' red, red lips
BEYONCE'S NAIL WRAPS
While scientists are still working out how you can directly snort Beyonce’s fabulousness, cosmetic companies know you’ll settle for nails like Queen Bey. She collaborated with NCLA and her manicurist Lisa Logan to create four nail wraps, each inspired by a music video or performance. For patterns, there are plaids, rainbow colours, a mosaic of jewel tones and scribbles in black and white. Beyonce’s nails tend to make the news, whether in the Single Ladies video way back in 2008 or at the Obama inauguration last year. Peel off, stick on and file one of these thingummies into place and join the Bey Hive.
Buy on Shop.beyonce.com
ISABEL AND RUBEN TOLEDO FOR M.A.C
Do you believe in the power of red lipstick with a religious intensity? M.A.C has your fix. Award-winning Cuban-American artist couple Isabel and Ruben Toledo have collaborated with the beauty brand to bring out a range of 45 cosmetics in 2015, and these folks know colour.
Isabel is one of Michelle Obama’s favourite fashion designers and Ruben’s illustrations have been commissioned by Louis Vuitton and Penguin Classics. Her love for texture will show itself in matching lip colours available in matte and gloss. His black and white graphic art will go on the packaging. In an interview with Style.com, they revealed the M.A.C x Toledo collection will have yellows, greens and lilacs for the eyes, and enough red lips to help you achieve world domination.
Launching in April 2015
TOM FORD'S LIPSTICKS (INSPIRED BY MEN)
Here’s what you should know about the designer’s new line of miniature lipsticks:
1) Each of the 50 lipsticks is named after a man/boy in Ford’s life. Tomas, a nephew, is coral. Richard, his husband, is a pinkish nude (heh). Alexander, his son, is a candy pink. Why are they named after men? A. Because, why not? B. It distinguishes this range from the thousands others labouring under the burden of Tropical Sunrise and Tickled Pink.
2) The ad campaign has fierce women putting on and rubbing lipstick off pouty young men. It is strangely hot.
3) Ford is not content to have a successful line of lipsticks, he’s champing at the bit to take on the Goliath of colour cosmetics, M.A.C, he says in this interview with Women’s Wear Daily.
4) Tom Ford has tried on these lipsticks to make sure they feel good going on and coming off, he said in the same interview. How many men will do that for you?
5) How a lipstick is like a boy: “Why commit to one when you can have several?” Well said, Tom.
VICTORIA BECKHAM DOES COLOURS FOR NAILS INC
Posh Becks admits she can’t be bothered to wear anything but nude nail colour most of the time, which is probably why her limited edition line with Nails Inc is fuss-free and doesn’t befuddle with choices — two colours, take it or leave it. Her brand Victoria, Victoria Beckham (VVB) has collaborated with the UK-based nail bar chain to create colours to go with the clean, soothing lines and palette of her spring/summer 2015 collection. Judo Red is a bright siren of a shade, but you’re probably going to get more use out of the pale Bamboo White, the one we suspect Posh is partial to.
Buy Victoria, Victoria Beckham x Nails Inc at Nailsinc.com