Powerhouse ingredient niacinamide has become a buzzword in the beauty industry. If you’re a skincare enthusiast, you’re probably using it even without knowing about it, as most premium quality brands include them as ingredients. If you’re new to this ingredient, here’s why you should include it in your beauty kit.
What Is Niacinamide?
A form of vitamin B3, niacinamide is a brightening agent for your skin. but it does much more than that (details below). This water-soluble nutrient is not synthesised in our body. Meaning you either have to eat it or topically apply it to subsume its gains. It is known for its soothing and repairing properties sans adverse reactions.
Besides brightening, this crowd-pleaser comes with multi-faceted reaps:
– It fights premature signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles
– Prevents inflammation, hyperpigmentation, acne and eczema on sensitive skin
– Creates a lipid barrier that can retain moisture in the skin
– Regulates sebaceous glands which control oil production and inhibits the overproduction
– Helps in the building the protein keratin which keeps skin firm and healthy
– Shields you from environmental aggressors like pollution, UV rays and toxins
Is It Worth The Hype?
Yes. Its higher pH level makes it an ideal addition to your beauty routine when incorporated with varying pH actives like hyaluronic acid and of course, SPF. Niacinamide is a rich antioxidant that can communicate with your skin cells and tell them to create younger, healthier-looking cells.
With a 5 per cent concentration of niacinamide, hibiscus, citrus satsuma mandarin extracts and orange oil, this lotion is ideal for adding a glow to your skin